I have a set list of terms that I use for every project I work on. These aren’t something to worry about – they are in place to help guarantee a little bit of safety to both myself and yourself when working on a project together. Please note that there would be a more extensive contract that is agreed upon, but these should give you an idea of the terms I expect between parties.
- Before any work on a project starts, a full specification will be decided upon. This will be decided on together and will be determined before a price is given for the project.
- If I provide you with an estimate for work before a full specification is provided, this is only that – an estimate. The price may change when the full specification is decided. *Hosting and domain names (www.yourbusiness.com) are extra.
- Once a specification is agreed, a price and estimated start and completion date will be provided to the client (providing deposits are paid in a timely manner).
- Once a price is agreed, a 50% deposit is to be paid before any work starts on a project. ALL checks must be cleared in the business bank account before any work starts on the project.
- The remaining 50% will be invoiced once our involvement in the project is complete, regardless of the involvement of other parties. That final payment of 50% must be paid within 10 working days (as will be specified on invoices) of our involvement in the project being complete. This payment must be cleared and in the business bank account before the final work is delivered to the client.
- Every effort will be made by myself to meet the completion date agreed upon. Understandably, circumstances change and if for any reason I cannot meet the agreed completion date I will notify you in plenty of time.
- Any requests for extra work or changes to the project must be supplied in writing (or by email) for administrative purposes.
- Any requests for extra work or changes to the project that affect the agreed specification, that are requested after the specification is agreed or are requested after the project has started will understandably affect the agreed completion date and agreed price.
- Any requests for extra work or changes to the project will be quoted for and, if agreed upon, added to the remaining 50% payment of the project.
- If, for whatever reason, the client would like to move the completion date to an earlier time than agreed then a “rush fee” will apply, though this will be agreed before the rush work is started.
- It is the clients responsibility to check over the finished project.
- The project will be built to comply with current web standards and will be tested to support Internet Explorer 8 and above, Safari 5+ and the latest versions of Opera, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. If you require further browser support, this should be mentioned at the start of the project and can be reflected in the original quote and price provided.
- Paying the first 50% deposit acts as an agreement for the above terms.
Have a question? Get in touch.